Friday, April 03, 2009

Lil Birdie!

I bought a lil birdie stamp a while ago - I thought it was a bargain at 99p! So I put it to use to make some baby-themed projects - it seems that everyone I know is having babies right now!

I made this card for my friend who had her first baby, Elaina, in February, using some of the many pretty bits I had left from the February Sarah's Cards kit.Lil Miss Ellie became a "big cuz" for the first time in the same month, with her daddy's brother and his partner giving birth to their first baby, Harvey, in the same month. So my sister asked me if I could decorate a basket for her to fill with baby goodies and wrap in ribbons and pretty cellophane as a welcome gift from Ells Bells. It was really quick to do. I altered the free digi tag to the right size and colour in Photoshop, printed it out, mounted it onto kraft, popped on his name using Pink Paislee alpha stickers, and thread some ribbon through it. I then topped it off with lil birdie, and it made a sweet gift once it was laden with the baby-themed bounty!

This week has been the start of my Easter three week break! And although I have loads of uni work to be getting on with, I'm hoping to spend a good amount of time relaxing and getting creative :)
Hop you;re all having a good week xxx

3 comments:

Cee in SF said...

That bird stamp was a bargain! And it's adorable to boot!

Carol Plume said...

aww whoppie flower - I don't visit for a couple of weeks, due to Ty's illness and you've gone blogging mad!!

What fab layouts - hope you had a great girls night out...

and little Ellie - fab bike!!

love the birdie stamp - and gorgeous cards...

Take care and I'm still awaiting a delivery!! (no not a baby!!) you know what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big hugz xx

Ruth Philps said...

what a cute card!!...I too have that stamp and have never used it...funny though I was just thinking about it before I clicked on your blog!!