Friday, September 05, 2008

A lil something....

Just a lil update here..... no real news to share, except that only a few more shifts at the dreaded summer job and I can leave it all behind for our holls and back to uni!! Yay! Well, I have said that I will see how doing one shift every weekend goes when I'm back on my course, hopefully it will prove far to stressful and time consuming and I will have to give it up for good mwooooohaha *evil cackle*

Anyway, here's the present, a Shadow box, that I made for my sister for her birthday. She really liked it. I can finally sure see what I felt it was lacking though, an extra bit of patterned paper or something to the right of the photo me thinks. Never mind. And don't you just love the massive ink splodge on the right side where I dropped my stazon pad onto the paper. Whoops! It's the first time I attempted anything like this, and I loved finding ways to make all the different 3D layers and depths without their supports being visible. the pic's a bit naff and I had to take the glass out of the frame to take a picture, but I think you'll get the idea.



And my 20p bargain book strikes again - I used it to cover the scalloped chipboard frame and on the little corregated hearts. I'm hoping to make another one for Lee's Sister and brother in law as a belated wedding gift, if only I could get my mitts on some copies of their wedding pics!!

Catch you soon xxx

5 comments:

jay670120 said...

THE SHADOW BOX IS BEAUTIFUL NATALIE xxxx

Monique Liedtke said...

Hi, just been reading your blog and admiring your lo's. Love the way you scrap!

Gems said...

It is gorgeous lovely :o) And even more so in real life too. You are so clever! Not fair.

xxxxxxx

Di said...

Beautiful Nat, how are you doing my lovely?....we must catch up!

Gems said...

You need to update!! xxx