Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Work it, baby!!

It's DT member Ifa's turn to host this months challenge over at the Sarah's Cards blog, and she set the brief to create a page around the theme of work.

I was super excited to get started on this challenge, because even though I've scrapped the fact that I am now a teacher a few times, I'd had a few different jobs before I started my teachers training at 25, but it wasn't until Ifa set this challenge I realised that these have gone unscrapped. The road that led me to make the decision to go into teaching was long and varied, made me the person I am today and taught me countless valuable skills, so the opportunity to document my career prior to teaching has been a welcome one.

Here's my take on her challenge:
I totally loved making this page - it was a challenge to trawl through old pics and find one that matched each time period, with the relevant people where possible. As for putting it together - I mixed up some really old October Afternoon die-cut sheets that I found at the bottom of a box along with scraps from new ranges (Crate's Paper Heart and October Afternoon's Farmhouse) that were quite literally lying on my desk from my last project, it was so fun to just pick up scraps and find a way to use them on the page. 

Just while we are on the topic - here's a page I scrapped previously about being a teacher, using last October's Sarahs Cards kit....
My title for the challenge page uses a mix of lovely Amy Tangerine AC Thickers and some October Afternoon Type key alphas:
The tab that says "My Journey" and is just visible on the bottom right of the page is a file card that pulls out to reveal details and memories of each of my jobs. Gotta love a bit of hidden journalling!
Lots of layering of scraps and stickers and tape and die cuts.
And I'm still loving banners/pennants!
So fancy a crack at the challenge for yourself?! You have until the end of the month to create a page and link it up to us on the blog to be in with a chance of bagging yourself a £20 e-voucher, check out all the details here :)

And as a compleeeeete side note, you might notice I've added tags to all my posts. The main reason for this was that we recently had a hard-drive meltdown which resulted in me loosing all my previous Sarah's Cards work (amongst other things), and I had to have a good trawl through the blogs to find copies. I realised that tagging posts would make it easier for me to find stuff in future. It may also be useful for you too; if you want to just look at a certain topic of posts, for example you want to check out a certain months kit, or are interested in my crochet etc check out the tag cloud on my side bar for the categories you fancy. Alternatively, just pop back regularly (or even subscribe - there's a button on the side for that, too!) to read ALL the drivel I post ;)

Happy scrapping xxx

No comments: