Saturday, June 09, 2012

June already?!

I honestly and truly can't believe that it's June already!!! I feel like we've only just got over Christmas and here we are in the middle of the year.

It's kit time again this month for me on the Sarah's Cards DT, and as I was sat at my desk playing with all the pretty paper and bits (as many of you will know, after many years of being one of the UK's most loved scrapbooking kits, they are ending next month whilst the shop continues to go from strength to strength, so this is the last one for me to play with. And, I can promise it's a bloomin' good one!), I realised that I hadn't shared what I did with the April one yet! Doh. The April kit was lush too - the greys and turquoises of the Lilybee papers were so me right now.

Here are my three pages and the stories behind them:

Destination Unknown
For my 30th birthday, Mr T organised a surprise few days away together with one catch – I had to drive us there! I had no idea where the satnav was programmed for and our mysterious road trip was the perfect start to a lovely weekend.

I wanted to utilise lots of the gorgeous patterns in the kit without it becoming overwhelming, so decided to create a mosaic of hexagons floating from top to bottom. To do this, I simply printed a hexagon from the shapes menu in Word onto a piece of scrap card, cut it out and used it as a template to draw (and later cut out) hexagons from the papers.
Once I’d stuck my hexagons on to my background paper I gave the base page a unified feel by sprinkling it with turquoise mist. As I’d used lots of patterned papers and a montage of 4 photos on an A4 page, I went easy with embellishments so avoid the page becoming overcrowded. I simply handwrote my journaling, added the title with the alphas, used a sticker from each of the embellishment sheets and dotted a couple of the giant gem stones here and there.

When You Went Down To The Woods
I was rally lucky to have grown up in the former estate and woodland of an old mansion house, and the lakes and waterfalls that were within the site. It was a magical experience growing up having a forest, complete with foxes, badgers, owls and squirrels as your back garden. It's changed loads since then, but still holds a special place in the hearts of me and my sister, and we were very excited to take my five year old niece to “The Woods” for the first time over the Easter holidays. And she got it - the magic of the place; the adventure that could be had there. The fun, laughter and exploring that could be done in that valley. She felt it. Breathed it in. It was heart warming, and overwhelming and we had a fantastic afternoon together. When we came home, my niece burst into tears. We were worried she was hurt in some way, but her given reason was “I was just wishing that I could live down the woods like you did when you were little”. Priceless all around – had to be scrapped!!
As you can see, in the middle of all the excitement Little Miss Elle found plenty of time to be her usual poser self!

Family
We took some pretty pictures during our woodland adventure, and this one one the three of us together was one I really wanted to scrap!                                                                                                     

To create my page I began by cutting the music paper to size and spritzing it with some white and grey mists. I cut long banner pieces from strips of the pattern papers, and to strengthen the family theme punched a heart shape from near the tail of each.
I finished my page by creating a small embellishment cluster in the bottom, which consisted of one of the die-cut shapes form the kit, and some various punched hearts using the papers.

Lush kit, loved playing with it!
Thanks as always for stopping by xxx

1 comment:

Gertie said...

So where did you end up as your surprise few days away?
I'm nosey and wanna know!!

Gorgeous colour combo hunny and I'm lovin' the family one

xoxo