Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where have I been?!

It's been a busy couple of months, but I have been nagged to update my blog! So here goes with a quick run down of where I've been and what I've been up to.

Firstly, was busy getting this done with:

I graduated!
I got a 2:1 with honours, so I expect you all to formally address me as Miss Natalie Grant BA(Hons) now ok?! :P I'm so pleased to have got my degree and my qualified teacher status, and am equally pleased for all the fantastic friends I made along the way who qualified with me. We worked bloody hard for it! My grandad sadly lost his long battle with cancer in the last fortnight. While we had been preparing for this for sometime, it was still hard when the time to say goodbye came. He had deteriorated considerably and rapidly over the past year and the quality of his, and consequently that of my grandmothers, life had suffered, so it is somewhat of a relief to know that he is now out of pain and can rest peacefully. He was an amazing man; a quiet, gentle soul; a true gentleman who really taught me so much in life. I have my grandad to thank for many of my passions, such as photography and art, and I truly feel honoured to have had 28 wonderful years with this awesome man as my Grandpa. Sleep peacefully Gramps xxx I have also been rather busy falling in love with this lovely young man *blush*. I'm all fluffy and tingly and loved up and feel constantly in awe that I have met someone so amazing; someone who enjoys the same things in life as me, who just "gets" me, even my often bizarre sense of humour. And he's a sloppy ole bugger too so I'm loving his sweet little gestures and romantic notions :) *blushes again*. He's ace :)
Oooh, I've also reached Four Stone in my weight loss journey! Lots more to go but I'm feeling so pleased at getting to this point :)
I've of course been very busy designing for Sarah's Cards and have lots of things to share on my blog, so will be uploading them soon, regularly too I promise!! As Mr Lushness also shares my passion for photography I have also been out and about taking hundreds of photos so hope to get my lil tushy into gear and get some of those up on the blog asap too. I'm gonna be busy :)
Catch you all soon :) xxx

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So so sorry to hear about your granddad that must have been really tough. Huge congratulations on your degree they are not easy to get lol, and very happy to see you so happy xxx

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely blog. Loved the photos especially the one of your Grandad.

Tina said...

Glad to see you blogging again Nat!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandad Nat.

Well done on your degree and good luck with everything. :) x

Gemma* said...

welcome back to blogland :)

cathy said...

Huge congrats from me too hunny!!

Sorry to hear about your Gramps, at least he's at peace now!

Ooooo-eeeerr at you 2 love birds!! LOL you sound sooo happy right now hun & you deserve it to be!