Sunday, August 05, 2007

She's been up to something........

Well I've been a creative little sausage and have made three layouts over the last few days. Fancy that! So I won't spoil you by showing you them all at once; here's a little tease of what I've been up to. Ooh I am a temptress aren't I?The first challenge over on the One Little Word blog gave me the original idea for this - but I never manage to finish challenges in time with everyone else (or even get around to starting them at the same time, for that matter). It's a page I've been meaning to make for myself for the past couple of months, since my place on the course at uni was confirmed. Naturally, as the world's most pessimistic lass (according to Gems), lot's of things are worrying me, and so I wanted to make a page full of reassurances, things to look forward to and a reminder of why I'm putting myself through it all!

It's a first for me as I've not used any patterned paper which is my one essential supply! My aged collection of crap stickers collected over the years really came in handy for this too. As did an SEI crochet flower that I bought (reduced to some silly price) goodness knows when as they were deemed pretty naff - but now they're hot again! Also had some fun with some acrylic paint and bubble wrap for the background (don't ask - the lack of pp got to me!!)

PS - I have totally given up on trying to crop my photos of my LO's tidily cos I just can't do it!! They always look wonky and daft whatever I do so I'm chucking in the towel. Two years of trying to get a decent shot of my LO's where everything's straight, in focus and the colours are true to life, but no luck. Hence the flash of white around this page. It's my lounge wall, I think. It's more cream in reality. I do hope you like the tiny glimpse of my home decor that this gives you. A little peep at my humble abode, if you will. Tomorrow you may get lucky and see some of the duck-egg blue we have in the kitchen. Or the hot-pink from the bedroom. Exciting stuff eh? xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except I was joking about you being a pessimist missy :o) I don't really think that at all. I think what you are doing by going back to uni and fulfiling a dream is a wonderful thing. Hope you didn't think I was serious!

Can't wait to see your other layouts hun, that one is gorgeous xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous layout Nat I absolutely love it. It's a lovely photo of you too :)

Louise said...

Nat that LO is fabby, I love how you have placed all the text, and it is a great piccie too hun
X

Cee in SF said...

I think it's a fun LO. And I'm with you about giving up trying to do everything perfectly. Then nothing would have character!

Gemma* said...

i love all those different fonts - not-so-rubbish stickers after all!

ps. can't wait to see that hot pink!

Nat said...

Gems - hehehe! I know you were joking :) xxx

Anonymous said...

FAB FAB FAB.

Hey Missus- don't be nervous about Uni. I've told you before that I was at that crossroads that you found yourself at and chose a similar route. Boy am i glad I did. I love teaching and also love the fact that I can take some time out to be with my dd and soon to be #2 and then I can return to a fab career when the children are in school.

have faith in yourself. x